Online Nursing Training
EVA (Environment for Virtual Apprenticeship) is a training simulator for clinical reasoning in nursing. EVA allows nursing students to practice the different steps of a clinical evaluation, the planning and implementation of interventions, and the evaluation of outcomes. Using virtual patients, the students can practice to collect evidence, process the information, come to an understanding of a patient problem or situation, plan interventions, and evaluate outcomes.
- Simulating a variety of patients having health problems.
- Managing the training content using advanced tools.
- Monitoring a learner performing on a virtual patient.
- Providing effective pedagogic feedback depending on observations made by the monitoring process, tutoring strategies and training objectives.
- In-depth reports on the interactions with user.
- Evaluating proficiency in clinical reasoning and documentation.
EVA offers many advantages to nursing educators and practitioners:
- Efficiency in training nurses.
- Reduction of costs in developing and maintaining the training content.
EVA is built with unique artificial intelligence technologies for:
- Modeling expert knowledge for clinical reasoning.
- Modeling user profiles.
- Modeling pedagogic strategies.
- Recognizing the behaviours of a user to provide feedback.
- Managing interactions between the user and the system.
EVA simulates very complex and challenging cases and makes it is easy to edit new cases or modify existing ones to adapt them to different training objectives.